WHAT WE DO
TRAVEL & TOURISM
Tourism is the fastest growing industry and the single largest employer in the world. As the economic benefits of tourism are becoming better understood, more and more destinations are making strategic investments in tourism (and related) infrastructure, sophisticated marketing programs and visitor care programs.
But big isn't always better. Sometimes "less is more." Matching the destination product offering (current and potential) with visitor expectations is crucial. Enabling the private sector to get involved where appropriate and ensuring the public sector plays a meaningful role are absolute musts for success, but...
- > How is the framework developed?
- > How do you find out what consumers want?
- > How do you create the right mix of facilities, experience, and services?
- > How do you position the destination (or, at the micro level, the individual tourism enterprise) within broader tourism initiatives and within the limits of available resources?
- > How do you go to market?
- > How do you find creative ways to finance new developments or improvements?
- HLT's experience at the national, regional and local levels, combined with an international contact base and benchmarking capability has resulted in an impressive base of clients across the Canadian tourism industry.
- Download The Canadian Tourism Industry Special Report – Fall 2012
- Download Travel Intentions and the Impact on Summer Lodging/Tourism Volumes - June 2009
- Download Ontario Tourism Investment Attraction Research Study - February 2009