HLT Advisory Case Study
HLT has worked for the board and senior management of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre (“MTCC”) on various assignments over the past decade. Past projects include:
- Support in analyzing potential expansion opportunities in connection with Oxford Properties’ proposal for a major redevelopment of Front Street (including the leased land comprising the MTCC’s north building). The Oxford Place proposal would have significantly enlarged the MTCC. HLT worked with MTCC staff to understand the market opportunity and ideal space parameters.
- Applying the findings of the annual Convention Centres of Canada benchmarking report (prepared by HLT) to MTCC operations to identify areas of improvement.
- Facilitating a strategic planning session among directors and senior staff.
- Analyzing food and beverage structures in various convention centres and applying to MTCC food and beverage operations.
- Identifying visitor tax and related revenue generating models in competitive destinations.